1/1 Photo of Julia Child's Easy Peel Garlic
I didn't read this in any of Julia's books, but rather by watching her show. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting with my mother as a little girl, watching Julia on the television.
My Private Note
batch ( ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all the cloves of garlic from the head.
- 2Take a smallish saucepan and heat to boiling about a cup or two of water; add the cloves of garlic and simmer for 1 minute.
- 3Drain the water and peel the garlic (which should be softish and should peel easily) - peeling an entire head can take about 5+ minutes, depending on how accustomed you are to doing it.
- 4Use in whatever recipe(s) you'd like!
- 5You can store the peeled garlic in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- 6Note: you can, of course, even do a single clove in this manner - I just like to do a bunch at a time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child's Easy Peel Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g