1/7 Photos of Julia Child's Cherry Clafouti
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Makes a simple and wonderful dessert, or a delicious and indulgent breakfast!
My Private Note
for bre ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Using a blender, combine the milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, and blend.
- 3Lightly butter an 8-cup baking dish, and pour a 1/4-inch layer of the blended mixture over the bottom. Set remaining batter aside.
- 4Place dish into the oven for about 7-10 minutes, until a film of batter sets in the pan but the mixture is not baked through. Remove from oven (but don’t turn the oven off, yet).
- 5Distribute the pitted cherries over the set batter in the pan, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour the remaining batter over the cherries and sugar.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- 8Servings: 6-8 for dessert, 4 for breakfast.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child's Cherry Clafouti
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.1 mg
- Sodium 109.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g