Recipe by Julesong
Makes a simple and wonderful dessert, or a delicious and indulgent breakfast!
Top Review by londongavchick
I used a combination of frozen peaches and blueberries, which I simmered in some cognac and agave syrup. I also used three egg whites and one whole egg and agave syrup to lighten the recipe a bit. It turned out very well--a simple recipe with an impressive outcome. I simmered some additional blueberries in cognac and pureed for a warm sauce to serve on top. Got great reviews from my fiance.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups cherries, pitted
- powdered sugar, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a blender, combine the milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, and blend.
- Lightly butter an 8-cup baking dish, and pour a 1/4-inch layer of the blended mixture over the bottom. Set remaining batter aside.
- Place dish into the oven for about 7-10 minutes, until a film of batter sets in the pan but the mixture is not baked through. Remove from oven (but don’t turn the oven off, yet).
- Distribute the pitted cherries over the set batter in the pan, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour the remaining batter over the cherries and sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- Servings: 6-8 for dessert, 4 for breakfast.