1/1 Photo of Julia Child's Baked Yogurt Tart
1 hr 20 mins
A simple, delicious tart made with fresh fruit and yogurt. I have used frozen pie shells & frozen puff pastry with equal success in this. It is delicious with vanilla flavored yogurt and pure vanilla extract! The cook time does not include the cooling times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pie dough, well chilled (or pastry, enough to line a 9" round cake pan or 9" round springform pan, at least 1 1/2" deep; a 10)
- 3 large eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 29.58 ml pure vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml fresh blueberries or 354.88 ml raspberries or 354.88 ml mixed berries or 354.88 ml sliced peaches or 354.88 ml plums or 354.88 ml nectarines or 354.88 ml stone fruit
- 78.07 ml coarsley chopped toasted almond
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Working on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12" circle 1/8 to 1/4" thick; Fit into the pan, pressing against bottom and up the sides; Trim to 1/2" and crimp edges; Chill about 30 minute.
- 2Fit a round of parchment or wax paper or aluminum foil into bottom of the crust, fill with dried beans, rice or pie weights; Blind bake crust 20-25 minutes in a 400* oven, until set and lightly browned.
- 3Remove weights and liner; Cool to room temperature on a rack and lower oven to 325*.
- 4Beat the eggs and sugar together until they thicken slightly and turn pale, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Fold in yogurt and vanilla, mix just until blended.
- 6Gradually add the flour through a sifter, folding it in gently.
- 7Pour the yogurt filling into the cooled tart shell, smoothing the top; the filling will only come about 2/3's of the way to the top.
- 8Scatter the fruit over the top of the tart; it will push the filling to the top of the crust.
- 9Sprinkle with chopped nuts around the edge of the tart.
- 10Place tart on jelly roll pan to catch drips and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden; Transfer to rack and cool to room temperature.
- 11Unmold tart; Serve at room temperature, or chilled if desired; sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- 12Serve the same day as baked; cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child's Baked Yogurt Tart
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g