Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've been collecting Julia's recipes, and recently found this one online.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Combine water and salt and heat over medium to simmering to dissolve; add parsnips and cook until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well, then put into a food processor together with the butter and cream and whir until smooth.
- Pour into a double boiler and heat gently over medium for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately.
- Notes: for a lowfat version, you can use Butter Buds and evaporated skim milk instead of butter and cream; a pinch of nutmeg is also a nice addition.