Julia Child Creamed Parsnips
- Combine water and salt and heat over medium to simmering to dissolve; add parsnips and cook until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well, then put into a food processor together with the butter and cream and whir until smooth.
- Pour into a double boiler and heat gently over medium for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately.
- Notes: for a lowfat version, you can use Butter Buds and evaporated skim milk instead of butter and cream; a pinch of nutmeg is also a nice addition.