Julia Child Chopped Brussels Sprouts in Cream
- If you can, get your brussels sprouts from a store that sells them loose in bins; pick out the smaller, tight sprouts.
- To prepare the sprouts, clean and trim the sprouts, removing the bottom stem and tougher outside leaves (very important!).
- Put the sprouts into a food processor and whir, in batches if necessary, until they are roughly chopped.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter; add the chopped sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan and bring to a simmer; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chopped sprouts are tender and have absorbed most of the cream.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, then place in serving dish and garnish with parsley.