Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child.
Make and share this Julia Child Chopped Brussels Sprouts in Cream recipe from Food.com.
- If you can, get your brussels sprouts from a store that sells them loose in bins; pick out the smaller, tight sprouts.
- To prepare the sprouts, clean and trim the sprouts, removing the bottom stem and tougher outside leaves (very important!).
- Put the sprouts into a food processor and whir, in batches if necessary, until they are roughly chopped.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter; add the chopped sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan and bring to a simmer; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chopped sprouts are tender and have absorbed most of the cream.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, then place in serving dish and garnish with parsley.
These are great. Easy to make, very tasty. Highly recommended.