From Julia Child's "Way To Cook" - "to be used as a garnish, or to be pureed and used in sauces or other purees."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the garlic cloves from the head.
- 2Take a smallish saucepan and heat to boiling about a cup of water; add the cloves of garlic and simmer for about 1 minute- drain, peel the garlic (which should be softish and should peel easily) and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter in the saucepan; add back in the peeled garlic and sauté over low for 10 to 15 minutes, until they're a creamy yellow color and are very tender.
- 4Add the cream to the saucepan, as well as the salt and a bit of freshly ground white pepper, and simmer over low for 5 to 10 minutes until garlic is"meltingly tender".
- 5Notes: These can be used in many recipes, such as mashed potatoes, in a creamy pasta sauce, over sautéed spinach, or just snack on them all by themselves!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Julia Child Braised Garlic Cloves Simmered in Cream
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.9
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 42.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 374.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g