Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Lovely, easy cheesecake with gluten-free biscuit base. Coconut biscuits are gorgeous in this recipe
- Heat oven to gas 9.
- Line and grease a 20cm loose-bottomed or springform tin
- Melt the butter and stir in the biscuit crumbs and press into the base of the tin.
- Beat the soft cheese just until smooth, gradually add the sugar, cornflour, lemon juice, the vanilla and then the eggs. Finally whisk in the fromage frais. The mixture should be smooth and quite runny.
- Pour the filling over the crumb base. Jiggle the tin to level the mix and squash surface bubbles with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake for 10 mins, then lower the heat to gas ¼. Bake another 25 mins, shake the tin and there should be a wobble in the centre of the filling. If left until firmer it is more likely to crack later.
- Turn off the oven, keep the door closed and leave the cake in for 2 hours.