Recipe by buttercup0009
Yes..another "mother-in-law" southern recipe! This is really good! I don't like meat much, but after one bite of this I sure change my mind fast! Give it a try and tell me what you think!
Top Review by happymary12
Sorry I haven't rated this sooner! I have made this many times for potlucks, dinners, etc. The recipe is always requested! My Chicago relatives prefer this over any of the Italian Beef recipes.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 -4 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 French rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in 5 quart crock pot.
- Combine next 7 ingredients and pour over the roast.
- Add water to the cooker until the roast is almost covered.
- Cook covered on low 7 hours or until roast is very tender.
- Remove roast and put even amounts on sub rolls.
- Reserve the broth for dipping!
- Enjoy as always!