1/6 Photos of Juicy Pork Loin Chops
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A juicy yummy pork chop supper for RSC #10
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 boneless pork loin chops, one inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon caper juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided (I used splenda brown mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained, reserve juice
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- 2Place chops on cutting board and pound with the spiked side of mallet to approximately 1/2 inch thick; place in a zip lock plastic bag.
- 4In a small bowl mix together, capers, caper juice, mustard, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Pour marinade into zip lock bag and massage into pork chops; marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour, 4 hours is best.
- 5Heat olive oil in a large fry pan; sauté onions on medium high heat, approximately 6 minutes; push to the side of the fry pan, reduce heat to medium. Drain chops well; add to the fry pan with the onions and brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops to platter and keep warm.
- 6Add marinade to pan with onions; on medium high heat reduce to half; push to the side of the pan, return chops to the pan.
- 7Cut the pineapple rings in half and place one half ring on top of each chop. Spoon reduced onion/marinade mix on top of pineapple slice; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- 8Continue to heat only until sugar has melted and pineapple is heated through, 3 or 4 minutes.
- 9Very nice served over brown rice.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juicy Pork Loin Chops
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: