Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
A couple of summers ago a friend gave me some fragrant fresh peaches. Tossed with almond extract and topped with a yummy brown sugar topping, I developed a delicious dessert that begs for the company of vanilla ice cream!
- 6 fresh peaches, skinned and chopped (or sliced)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (the defining ingredient!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven@ 375.
- Combine peaches with almond extract and place in a greased 8-inch pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients until you have a crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the peaches.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with a puddle of melting ice cream!