Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A couple of summers ago a friend gave me some fragrant fresh peaches. Tossed with almond extract and topped with a yummy brown sugar topping, I developed a delicious dessert that begs for the company of vanilla ice cream!
- 6 fresh peaches, skinned and chopped (or sliced)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (the defining ingredient!)
- Oven@ 375.
- Combine peaches with almond extract and place in a greased 8-inch pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients until you have a crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the peaches.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with a puddle of melting ice cream!
I forgot to add the cup of sugar but, it still tasted good. I also added 1/2 cup of oats.
Very good! And easy. You were right, the almond extract is the defining ingredient. I made this last night and my DH requested it again tonight. Thanks for posting! This is a keeper.
Absolutely Wonderful! The only thing I did different was added oats to the topping because it wasn't crumbling for me. For me it was super sweet but hubby said it was just fine. I will be making this again. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.