Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one sure way to ensure juicy chicken while obtaining lots of flavor. A meat injector will be needed, I got mine at Wal Mart for a couple bucks. Best served with white pepper/buttered rice.
- 6 -8 chicken strips, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, cajun, pepper and oregano; mix well.
- Fill a meat injection syringe with lemon pepper solution.
- Inject each chicken strip until juice flows out the opening or strip gets "Plump".
- Melt butter in large skillet; add pepper to melted butter.
- Cut lemon 4 ways.
- Place strips in pan and squeeze juice from lemon over each.
- Cook each side on medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes until cooked; do not over cook. Apply more juice after each turn.
This was certainly a new way for me to prepare chicken strips, but very flavorful, too! Yet another great way t enjoy the good ol' chicken breast! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
Saw this review and since I had chicken tenders, ran right out and purchased an injector. Only problem, the oregano and pepper clogged up the needle AND the end of the syringe !! Tried to overcome by cutting slits in the meat and teasing the solution through. It was quite tasty, but not very effective. Thanks for posting a new, for me, method. Will try with only liquid ingredients.