1/1 Photo of Juicy Herbed Pork Loin With Currant Sauce
2 hrs 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This delicious recipe is actually a combination of three different recipes, with a unique cooking method to keep the loin juicy. When my husband bought a 12 pound pork loin (because it was "on sale"), I panicked! I didn't have much experience cooking pork loin, and I knew that they can come out tough and tasteless if cooked improperly. I cut the loin into three 4-pound portions and threw them in the freezer, while I scoured the internet and cook books for a recipe and cooking directions. Now, this recipe is a family favorite! This would be wonderful for a holiday meal, or anytime you want to create something that will "wow" your family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pork Loin Ingredients
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons savory
- 1 1/2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
Currant Sauce Ingredients
- 1Pork Loin Directions-------------.
- 2Set oven to 475 degrees.
- 3Pierce top of pork loin with sharp knife about every one or two inches, depending on your fondness for garlic (if there is a fatty layer, that would be the top side), Insert slivered garlic into the slits made by the knife.
- 4Combine mustard, thyme, savory, marjoram, salt and pepper to make a smooth paste.
- 5Spread all over pork loin, roll the loin in chopped parsley.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- 7Place on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 8Roast in 475 degree oven for exactly 30 minutes.
- 9Pull loin out, and rest on countertop (uncovered) for exactly 30 minutes.
- 10(This step is very important! The loin will continue to cook internally as it rests at room temperature, and this creates a juicy loin).
- 11As the loin is resting, turn oven temperature down to 325 degrees.
- 12After the loin has rested, put it back in the oven (325 degrees), and bake for approx.
- 1330- 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- 14Do not overcook!
- 15Let the loin rest uncovered for 15-20 minutes before slicing, the internal temperature will continue to climb even after taking the loin from the oven.
- 16(150-155 degrees) While the loin is resting, begin the currant sauce.
- 17Currant Sauce Directions-------------.
- 18Over medium heat, melt jam.
- 19Whisk in mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- 20Slice the loin very thinly, and pour a stream of currant sauce over the slices for presentation.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juicy Herbed Pork Loin With Currant Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.4
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 567.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 34.4 g