1/3 Photos of Juicy Grilled Glazed Autumn Chicken With Apple Pumpkin Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Don't close up the grill yet! Juicy Autumn Chicken with flavors of apples, pumpkin and spices. This recipe has choices of wings, legs or breasts. An American dish with hints of Indian cuisine. Would be great with pork or salmon. Prep the chicken sauce and glaze the day before so cooking the chicken before dinner is quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces harvest pumpkin ale (Harvest Moon)
- 1/2 cup honey or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon amchur (optional)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 4 chicken legs-thighs (breasts scored) or 4 boneless chicken breasts (breasts scored) or 2 -3 lbs chicken wings
Autumn Pumpkin Sauce
- 2Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- 3Pour half of the marinade over the chicken. Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight turning often to ensure all sides get coated and penetrates the meat.
- 4Heat the other half of the marinade and reduce to 1 cup. If more heat is desired add 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce. To be used to glaze the chicken. Can be prepped the day.
- 5Remove from marinade and let drip away removing excess marinade.
- 6Whisk together pumpkin puree, apple juice, sugar, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and optional pepper flakes in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the mixture has reached the consistency of applesauce. About 30-60 minutes. Depending if you use fresh or canned pumpkin. Add liquor off the fire stir, cover and set aside. Can be prepared the day before good chilled or warm.
- 7Heat grill and oil grates.
- 8Grill chicken legs until well browned on all sides, turning once, 30 to 40 minutes. Glaze the chicken the last 5 minutes with the reduced marinade.
- 9Test:.meat near thigh bones should no longer be pink when tested with the tip of a knife.
- 10Boneless chicken breasts will cook quicker so turn after 5-7 minutes glazes the flip after 5-7 minutes and glaze.
- 11Wings over medium flame. You don't want too high of a temperature. You will also need to turn the wings frequently to avoid burning. It will mean standing by the grill, but you can cook a lot of chicken wings in about 15 to 20 minutes. Just before removing brush glaze over wings.
- 12Serve with warmed Autumn Pumpkin Sauce for dipping.
- 14All grills are different temperatures.
- 15Take advantage of indirect heat!
- 16If the chicken browns quickly finish over Brown over direct then move to indirect heat.indirect heat.
- 17All grills have hot spots so watch and be sure to move the chicken to spots on the grill so not to burn and completely cook the chicken.
- 18As the time of the year makes grilling quicker or slower. So take care and watch and enjoy you food as it grills.
- 19Be sure to Visit the grilling forum http://www.food.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=42 for any help!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juicy Grilled Glazed Autumn Chicken With Apple Pumpkin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 601.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: