Recipe by Air Force Mama
This recipe was passed on to me from a county club I used to work at as a teenager. Its so easy and its a delicious meal for the family. The perfect comfort food!
- 2 -3 lbs chicken (you can use bone-in or boneless)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, suited to your taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- buttermilk, for marinating
- oil (for frying, I use my deep fryer)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a strong zip lock bag, add the chicken and enough butter milk to cover. Add the paprika.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag before sealing. Once sealed mixed the chicken well so that the paprika and buttermilk mix together.
- Let marinade for a couple hours or overnight.
- In a bowl thoroughly combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, coating it real good to get a nice crust.
- Deep fry chicken in oil that has been heated to 350 degrees.
- Fry chicken for 10-15 minutes until the juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.
- I love this chicken with corn on the cob and sliced, fried potatoes.