Top Review by Bergy
I hate this recipe because it is so good I ate the whole thing! I simply could not pass up on the wonderful glazed skin , I even had trouble leaving the bones! The hen was fall off the bones tender & moist The flavor was heaven;y. I cut the recipe in half doing only 1 hen for the two of us and it worked perfectly. The only change I made was to cook the hen for 25 minutes without the glaze and then basted the hen with the glaze and continued baking for a further 25 minutes. Chuck this is a winner Thanks for sharing
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 Cornish hens, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and stir in honey and chili powder; mixing well.
- Stir in orange juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cut each hen into two halves.
- Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place hens in baking dish, skin side down, and place in oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn hens over and baste generously with all of the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until well browned.