Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 Cornish hens, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and stir in honey and chili powder; mixing well.
- Stir in orange juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cut each hen into two halves.
- Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place hens in baking dish, skin side down, and place in oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn hens over and baste generously with all of the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until well browned.
I hate this recipe because it is so good I ate the whole thing! I simply could not pass up on the wonderful glazed skin , I even had trouble leaving the bones! The hen was fall off the bones tender & moist The flavor was heaven;y. I cut the recipe in half doing only 1 hen for the two of us and it worked perfectly. The only change I made was to cook the hen for 25 minutes without the glaze and then basted the hen with the glaze and continued baking for a further 25 minutes. Chuck this is a winner Thanks for sharing
Delicious! I made it for Xmas dinner. I did change it slightly....I sprinkled the salt and pepper directly onto the hens and marinated it in the butter/paprika/orange juice/ honey sauce for 12 hours. Then I basted it with extra sauce I made on the side, in which I added basil and Rosemary, every 10 minutes when baking. easy and delicious!
My family loved this. I didn't have any orange juice though so I used lemon juice, worked great. Made extra sauce for dipping. Thank you for sharing