1/2 Photos of Juicy Balsamic-Glazed Pork Tenderloin With Garlic and Thyme
I had fun playing in the kitchen last night, and I think I've come up with a real winner! It was VERY juicy, tender, slightly sweet and flavorful! And so easy to make! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! *You can also use a small pork loin roast, also. **Don't be fooled by my lengthy directions, this is easy-peasy. I always just try to keep in mind that there are newbie cooks and try to help by describing everything I can to help.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Trim any excess fat, and rinse pork under cold water, set on paper towels and pat dry.
- 3Season all sides with salt and pepper to your own taste.
- 4Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Get the pan nice and hot!
- 5Place pork into pan, and brown/sear on all sides, don't forget the ends. About 2-3 minutes per sides, if your pan is very hot. Check so you don't burn it or under sear it.
- 6Remove pork from pan and set on a plate.
- 7Turn down heat to medium, and add the balsamic vinegar.
- 8Using a plastic spatula, scrape any bits off of the bottom of the pan, that's the good stuff!
- 9Stir in dark brown sugar (can sub regular brown sugar, but dark is better), using spatula and keep scraping the bottom and stirring the sauce constantly. Don't worry, it's very easy.
- 10Do this for about 2-3 minutes til sauce has reduced and is thickened a little. Just don't do it too long, because it still has to bake and you don't want to end up with burnt tar to roof your house with!
- 11Turn heat off.
- 12Place pork back into the skillet and turn several (4-5) times to coat/glaze all sides, ending with it bottom-side up.
- 13Sprinkle bottom side evenly with 1/4 teaspoons (half) the thyme, using your fingers crushing it as you sprinkle.
- 14Sprinkle with half the garlic powder, (1/4 teaspoons also).
- 15Place pork, newly seasoned-side down into (greased) shallow roasting or baking dish.
- 16Now season the top the same way.
- 17Pour remaining glaze over pork.
- 18Let rest 10 minutes, and keep re-glazing with the sauce in the pan. (Just tilt the pan and spoon it over.).
- 19Place in oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. (35 if slightly larger).
- 20Remove from oven, loosely cover with foil, and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 21This gives you time to heat up that corn or green beans!
- 22Remove pork from baking dish to platter, slice and plate.
- 23Stir pan juices and pour over slices. (Don't scrape the bottom or any super thick parts, though, just mostly the juices).
- 24And serve! :).
- 25*Tip: If wanting to serve roasted potato wedges with this, bake them right along with the roast (seperate dish!) for 45 minutes uncovered. It will all get done at the same time with the resting time of the pork! HTH! :).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juicy Balsamic-Glazed Pork Tenderloin With Garlic and Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 35.0 g