Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good marinade for beef or chicken. After marinating, use the sauce to cook meat in or to baste grilled meat.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano (thanks Chef #303700)
- Use any mixture of chosen citrus.
- Marinate meat 2-24 hours. Cook as desired.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007. Jamilah is my first baby for this PAC and what a gem. Loved the citrusy flavors and kick from the hot peppers.I'm tempted to add some type of herbs next time I make this...or maybe a little allspice.Thanks Jamilah! UPDATE:April 21/2010 I made this again to marinate pork chops and added 2 tsp. Oregano....just super yummy!
Great marinade - tangy and slightly spicy with great flavor. Used this to marinate boneless skinless chicken breasts, then grilled to moist and delicious flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event