1/2 Photos of Juiced-Up Roast Pork
4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
From Southern Living March 2007 test kitchen's top rated recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh sage leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder
- 5 -6 lbs boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
- 1Process orange juice and next 8 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 2Pierce roast with a sharp knife at 2-inch intervals.
- 3Place roast in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; pour orange juice mixture over roast, turning to coat.
- 4Seal and chill at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- 5Remove roast from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 6Place roast on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- 7Bake at 450° for 30 minutes.
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 300°, and bake 4 more hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 150°, basting with reserved marinade every 30 minutes during first 3 hours of baking time.
- 9Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 10***Cook time does not include 4-8 hours of marinating time.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juiced-Up Roast Pork
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 814.2
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 201.4 mg
- Sodium 1077.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves