Recipe by Jonathan (Canada) Hyatt
I discovered this drink/dessert while traveling through Indonesia in 1998. It's more like a dessert, but is absolutely delicious in spite of how strange it sounds. The only thing that takes any time is letting the syrup mixture cool.
Top Review by Manerly
As an Indonesian, I would like to thank you for sharing this recipe so other people can try one of the famous Indonesian juices. Instead of milk & Chocolate milk, I usually just use condensed milk & crushed ice (no water. I also add 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder sometimes, It tastes even better.
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 73.94 ml water
- 2 avocados
- 118.29 ml cold milk
- 236.59 ml chocolate milk
- 118.29 ml crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make simple syrup by combining sugar and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until clear.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon out avocado pulp and place in blender.
- Add syrup and blend.
- Add cold milk and blend.
- Divide between 2 tall glasses.
- Top each serving with 1/2 cup chocolate milk (to form separate layer) and crushed ice.