I discovered this drink/dessert while traveling through Indonesia in 1998. It's more like a dessert, but is absolutely delicious in spite of how strange it sounds. The only thing that takes any time is letting the syrup mixture cool.
- Make simple syrup by combining sugar and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir until clear.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Spoon out avocado pulp and place in blender.
- Add syrup and blend.
- Add cold milk and blend.
- Divide between 2 tall glasses.
- Top each serving with 1/2 cup chocolate milk (to form separate layer) and crushed ice.
As an Indonesian, I would like to thank you for sharing this recipe so other people can try one of the famous Indonesian juices. Instead of milk & Chocolate milk, I usually just use condensed milk & crushed ice (no water. I also add 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder sometimes, It tastes even better.
I haven't made this but I had it in Jakarta--absolutely delicious and very refreshing! I nice change from milkshakes.
Also discovered this drink/dessert whilst travelling in Indonesia but didn't get the recipe while I was there. Thanks Jonathan. Is really easy to make. I found it helps if you have a hand held blender, that way you can make it the glass you're drinking out of and it saves washing up.