Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Jugged Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, and drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 ounces white pearl onions (in canned vegetable aisle)
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup port wine
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Rub chicken with butter and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to large, heavy, deep casserole. Combine onions and all remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake until chicken is done, about 55 minutes. Serve in bowls with crusty bread; white rice makes a great side dish, using the extra juices from the chicken.
- Sweetnicks’ Notes: Hands down, The Husband’s favorite chicken recipe. I don’t always have Brandy on hand, and in cases like that, I just add extra of the other alcohol, and it still tastes great.