Recipe by Dixie from Kansas
There are several Zucchini Relish recipes on the 'Zaar. I mostly posted this recipe so I wouldn't lose it. It is slightly different from the rest.
- 10 cups zucchini
- 4 cups onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons canning salt
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind zucchini, onion and green pepper on med grind.
- Mix with canning salt and cover with cold water.
- Let sit overnight.
- Drain rinse and drain again.
- combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add drained and rinsed zucchini mixture.
- Simmer, don't boil, until vegetables are tender approx 20 - 30 minutes.
- Seal immediately in hot sterilized pint jars.