Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the way I've been making zucchini cake since I got married in the 70's. It's simple, yummy and probably not a good choice for weight watchers (just being honest).
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all cake ingredients, in order, in a mixer and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a well greased bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool completely and invert onto serving platter.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Combine all ingredients and add enough milk to make smooth but still spreadable.
This cake is awesome. Hubby has asked me to make it twice in a week. He may be addicted... his face was priceless when I told him that he was eating zucchini and cream cheese. I substituted 1/2 the oil for applesauce. and added a total of 3 cups of powdered sugar to the frosting. I like it thicker. Awesome recipe!
Wowzers this was good! The whole family really enjoyed this. I subbed applesauce for half the oil and I added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon instead of a whole Tbsp., which is what the recipe calls for, and I'm glad I did. A tsp. was perfect. All in all I think it's a great recipe and one I'll make often. Thank you!
What a wonderfully decadent cake. Absolutely a real treat to eat. Rich and moist. I would probably serve it as a sweet and/or with coffee. Whipped cream would be perfect to accompany it. It's like the kind of cake you get in an upmarket cafe. I made it exactly to the recipe and I was a bit worried because the batter was pretty runny and filled the whole tin but it turned out fine. Yum!