Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are delicious and fun to make. It is easy for children to help. These should be refrigerated for 8 hours before cutting.
- Line bottom and side of 9 inch loaf pan with foil.
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Beat in sugar gradually. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter. Mix until well blended. (Dough will be stiff.).
- Divide dough into thirds. Add cherries to 1/3 of the dough, kneading to blend.
- Knead melted chocolate and almonds into another 1/3. Press that on top the other layer. Press plain dough on top.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Flip pan upside down, cut into 1/3's lengthwise, then slice 1/4 inch pieces. Bake at 350 on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes. (Dough can be stored longer and cooked in batches.).