Recipe by Judy81350
I made this recipe up about 20 years ago. Its a yellow cake version of a strawberry shortcake but you use vanilla pudding and real whipped cream, not Cool Whip. Using real whipped cream definitely makes a difference. It doesn't last in this house, thats why I make two. :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (don't use store brand)
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (I use instant)
- 8 ounces whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks and sweetened slightly
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen strawberries, sweetened to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake mix according to directions in layer pans.
- Cube one of the layers when cooled.
- Place layer of cake cubes at bottom of 3 quart dish, then layer of pudding, then strawberries, including juice. Place another layer of cake cubes, pudding, strawberries, then whipped cream. More cubes, pudding, strawberries, then top with rest of whipped cream.
- If you have to use part of the other layer tis ok. lol.
- I pretty much guessed at the amounts. Make sure you use enough strawberries to make it moist but not soggy.
- Let it chill for a few hours before serving.