Recipe by karen
My sister just loves this rice. The last time she bought saffron threads it came in such a big package that she gave me some along with this recipe. It makes a bright yellow mild side dish.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this as written except for using just a pinch of saffron instead of 1 tablespoon. (The pinch was just right for DH and I). I needed to add some salt also but overall I definately will make this again. I served it with Halibut Onion Crunch#25897 and a green salad. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game 2011.
- 1 medium onion (sliced or chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups bouillon
- 2 tablespoons saffron threads
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, saute onion in oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Add rice to onions and saute for an additional 2 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock and saffron.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes.