Recipe by lizeroo
This is from Christmas-cookies.com site. These are absolutely delicious and so easy. Perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange. Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by ndaniel229
I made these for Christmas -- my husband kept asking for "nutballs" -- this was the only recipe I found -- (the most common recipe are Snowballs or mexican wedding cookies I soon found out lol) But they are good - I didn't have cake flour - just AP and I would say bake them for about 10 mins... Other than that yummy.
- 3⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- extra powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together pecans, butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift flour and salt, then stir into nut mixture.
- Chill until firm.
- Roll into 1" balls, then roll each ball 3 times in the extra powdered sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until set but not brown.