Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend's recipe. 2 cups of flour are needed in any combination of spelt, quinoa, oat or wheat. You can can also substitute spelt bran or wheat bran for the oat bran and can substitute soy milk or a fruit juice for the almond milk. If you want gluten free, use quinoa and oat flour with oat bran. The recipe below is our preference.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (or honey for a sweeter muffin)
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup hemp seeds, hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 cup banana, sliced (approx 1 medium sized banana)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a second bowl.
- Add wet ingredients gradually to the dry ingredients and mix well each time. (We do it in thirds - i.e one third of the dry ingredients, then one third of the wet ingredients, and so on.).
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes.