Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We got this from a microwave cookbook when we got our first microwave in the 70's. I actually prefer baking it, but either way my family loves it.
- 5 lbs ground chuck
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, Topping for one loaf (or white)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup, Topping for one loaf
- 2 tablespoons mustard, Topping for one loaf
- Mix everything together and pat into 2 loaves (apx 5"x8"). Freeze or bake at this point.
- Mix the topping (brown sugar, ketchup and mustard) and spread on top right before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes (or Microwave for 15-20 minutes).
- If from frozen - let thaw in refrigerator overnight, then add topping and bake.
- (oops - it should be 6-8 servings per loaf - thanks I'mPat!).
Made this for a great quick easy weeknight meal and served it along with baked potatoes and corn. I only made it for 1 lb. of ground beef, but still used one egg and did use crushed saltine crackers for the bread crumb. I realized once reading the instructions/ingredients that it didn't include onions and I love the flavor onion adds to the meatloaf so added about 1/4 cup of minced onions. I enjoyed the changes of adding seasoned salt and the brown sugar and mustard with the ketchup. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Holiday Tag.
This made a great Sunday night dinner for our family. I cut this in half and it served 4 of us plus leftovers for tomorrow. I went ahead and used 2 eggs because that is the proportions that I am used to in a meatloaf. Loved the topping!!!
A good basic meatloaf, I cut back for 4 serves but honestly I could have served 6 without problems and even stretched to 8 with sides. I didn't use the topping (as too high in sugars for diabetics) and served with a gravy and recipe #135629 and steamed brocolli, cauliflower and carrot on the side. Thank you Buzymomof3, made for Christmas Special - Make My Recipe.