Recipe by KitchenHacker
A wonderful entree type soup for a winter's night.. Best served with white rice in the bowl..
- 453.59 g lean ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 (1587.57 g) can beef broth (Swanson's)
- 425.24 g can asparagus spears (cut to 1 inch pieces, juice reserved)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml McCormick broiled steak seasoning (divided)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml Accent seasoning
- 946.36 ml cooked white rice
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, breaking up into pea sized pieces until 1/2 done, then add onion and 1/2 tablespoon of steak seasoning and saute until onions are translucent. Drain off as much fat as possible.
- Drain asparagus reserving juice and cut spears into 1 inch pieces.
- In a 5qt pot, add hamburger mixture, asparagus pieces with juice, beef broth, pepper, steak seasoning, Accent, lemon juice and bouilion cubes.
- Bring up to a medium simmer and cook for 45 minutes, seasoning to taste with more steak seasoning, salt and pepper. (Dont allow it to boil).
- Place 1 cup of cooked rice in each soup bowl, and add soup. Garnish with green onion slices.