My family loves this steak--I rarely have leftovers. This steak goes well with baked potatoes and a spinach salad. I don't remember where I got the recipe, I've been making it for years and years. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Combine onion, garlic, white wine, soy sauce, honey, oil, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and pepper.
- Stir until smooth.
- Place steak in a shallow glass dish (or zip-loc bag).
- Cover with the marinade, turning to make sure steak is covered.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 12 hours but no more than 24 hours.
- Turn and baste often.
- Drain steak well.
- Place on broiler pan under preheated broiler, 6 inches from heat.
- Broil 6 minutes per side for rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Steak may also be grilled outdoors on a gas or charcoal grill.