Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Named for my mom, this recipe originally came from Tupperware. No other sugar cookie recipe even compares. These cookies are meant to be cut out and can be eaten plain or frosted. This recipe makes a LOT, depending on how big of cookies you cut out.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in vanilla and eggs.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt. I usually add in the first three cups of flour, with the baking powder and salt, then I slowly work in the other cups. It requires a lot of muscle near the end.
- Chill dough.
- On a floured surface, roll and cut cookies. For consistency in baking (and not burning) we use wooden rulers on either edge of the dough to make the dough all one thickness. The rulers keep the rolling pin at their level.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be golden along the edges, and still very soft in the middle when removed from the oven.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.