1/1 Photo of Judy's Date Muffins
From TOH muffin booklet. Submitted by Judy C. I am saving this recipe for the fall season as I just think it will go great with that season. I love dates and these just seem really simple to throw together. It states these muffins can be frozen up to 3 months too. Another tip offered is to spray your paper liners with non-stick spray and then the liners peel off very easily without leaving crumbs behind. Hmmmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dates in a small bowl and add boiling water, let stand 10 minutes (do not drain!).
- 2Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes then beat in egg until well mixed.
- 3Add dates and beat on low speed until blended.
- 4Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and then stir into date mixture with a wooden spoon just until blended.
- 5Stir in the walnuts.
- 6Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 7Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Judy's Date Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g