Recipe by LuuvBunny
This is my sister's recipe--she's been making these for years. They are sinful!This recipe makes a lot of cookies. I got about 8 dozen,depending on the size of the cookie you make.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugars, vanilla, eggs and oatmeal with a mixer.
- Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Use hands to blend all together, or a powerful mixer if you have one.
- Add chocolate chips and incorporate into dough.
- Place teaspoonful of dough onto greased cookie sheet, no need to flatten out.
- Bake in 350° oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- The middles may still seem undercooked, but it makes for a very nice moist, chewy cookie.
- Note: The cooking time I have was for 2 cookie sheets at a time for 8 dozen cookies which works out to about 40 minutes cooking time. This is in a convection oven.