1/2 Photos of Judy's Chili
1 hr 25 mins
The cardamom and cocoa really gives this chili a wonderful, hidden flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 2 medium onions)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon hershey cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if you like heat
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- monterey jack cheese, for top (optional)
- 1Saute onion, garlic, and chiles; add ground beef and continue cooking over medium heat until beef is cooked.
- 2Drain off fat.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except pinto beans and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 4Heat to boiling and reduce heat to slow simmer.
- 5Cover and simmer (stirring occasionally) 45 minutes, stir in beans and continue to simmer until beans are heated.
- 6Place in bowls and sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- 7We serve with crusty bread rolls.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Judy's Chili
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 1141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g