Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole recipe was shared with me by a friend in my church. It is one of the best I have tasted but is definitely not for someone on a low carb or low fat diet. Although the amount of mayonnaise in the recipe seems excessive, it is truly a part of the recipe. Using fresh broccoli, Duke's Mayonnaise, and sharp cheddar cheese really makes a difference in this wonderful casserole. For a change, you may want to substitute a large can of fried onion rings as topping rather than the buttered Ritz cracker crumbs. It is delicious either way, hot or cold!
- 2 -3 fresh broccoli florets, divided into florets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups duke mayonnaise (or use mayo of your own preferance.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Steam fresh broccoli for 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine beaten eggs, soup, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Mix gently with broccoli, taking care not to break up florets.
- Put mixture in lightly greased 2-3 quart casserole.
- Mix the crushed Ritz Crackers with melted butter.
- Cover broccoli with buttered crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot, refrigerate left-overs for later treat.
absolutely wonderful! served this last night for a christmas get together. several people said how much they liked this, even mr.( I hate anything new) liked this.