Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthy variation of Aunt Judy V's salad.
Make and share this Judy V's Lightened up Chickpea, Quinoa, and Sweet Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups canned chick-peas
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- Combine vinegar, dijon, honey, garlic, pepper, and 1.5 tsp oil in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring quinoa and 3/4 cup cold water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Toss sweet potatoes with remaining 1.5 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp pepper, and salt. Spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Roast in a 350 degree oven until just tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine chickpeas, carrots, red pepper, sunflower seeds, spinach, parsley, feta, and cooled quinoa and sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the ingredients and toss gently to combine.