Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tastes just like KFC! I don't know who Judith Comfort is, but this recipe is amazing. It's my new favourite - so easy too!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- In large bag, shake together flour, sesame seeds, baking powder, paprika and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture; shake chicken in flour mixture.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with butter.
- Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for 1 hour or until chicken is crispy on outside and no longer pink inside.
The ratings around the table ranged from 3 to 5 so we settled for a 4. I quartered a 1.4k chicken and cooked as per recipe - required 1 1/4 hours at 175C fan forced oven to cook fully. The skin was not as crispy as hoped but the chicken was moist and flavourable. An easy meal to put together, served with roasted and steamed vegetables. BTW we don't eat KFC - to be honest have always disliked it so cannot compare but this was better than anything I ever had on the few occasions I did have it. Thank you KatieMcCooksAlot, made for Healthy Choice ABC tag game.
I thought that this was pretty good, although I agree with the other reviews stating that it is nothing like KFC. The tops were crispy, but the undersides were a bit soggy, so I would cook on a rack over the pan next time. The flavor was all in the skin, which was disappointing to family members that don't like chicken skin. I served this with recipe #83289 and recipe #84440.
I made this for dinner evening using chicken breasts. It was moist, crisp and delicious. Baked them for 35 minutes. Will make again but plan to use less paprika....one teaspoon rather than a tablespoon.