Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great with chili, a hearty soup or stew, or on their own; these muffins are a snap to make and very delicious.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 8 3⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn or 2 cups frozen corn or 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- shredded cheese, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Grease or line 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, mustard and pepper.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, oil, eggs and onion until blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in corn.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container.