Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom gave me this recipe and it's really yummy and easy to make
Make and share this Judi's Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 5 baby carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Put the soup, 1 can water, gravy, chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and corn in a large skillet and let simmer/boil for 20-25 minutes.
- While that is cooking, mix up the Bisquick mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour the chicken mixture in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Pour the Bixquick mixture on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
I used a 12 oz. jar of chicken gravy, 2 c. chicken, and I substituted the veggies with a 16 oz. bag of frozen, mixed vegetables. There was a little too much "filling" for my deep dish pie pan. I used a ladle to fill 3 ramekins with the extra filling and topped them with the bisquick mixture. Next time, I will use 4 ramekins. Otherwise, this is an excellent "short cut" pot pie.
In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much topping! I do, however like to make the dough into mini drop-style biscuits over the top. The texture just seems better. I also prefer a less carrot and addition of green beans and peas.
This is really simple to put together and has a great taste, but felt there was too much biscuit topping. The next time I made it I'd cut the topping in half and add more vegetables instead. I couldn't find a 16 ounce jar of gravy anywhere, so used a 10.5 ounce instead and it seemed to work fine. Thanks for sharing your recipe :) Made for PAC Fall 09