Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The ultimate comfort food
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups Bisquick
- In skillet, brown the stew meat in oil. Add salt & pepper.
- After the meat is browned, add about 1.5 cups water and heat to boiling. Then turn it down and put a lid on it and cook on medium low for about 2 hours. CHECK ON THIS A LOT BECAUSE IT WILL BOIL DRY FAST IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL!
- After 2 hours, put in potatoes and carrots and onion and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add a lot of salt & pepper.
- Pour all of this in a pan.
- In a shaker, shake 3 T flour and about 1.5 cups (or so) of water. Pour this in the pan, too, over the beef/vegetable mixture.
- Mix up Bisquick Drop Biscuits, per the recipe on the box. Drop biscuits on top of the meat mixture.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes in a 450 degree oven.