Recipe by kiwidutch
A great kiwi friend's Mum's recipe... Oooohhh it's impossible to only have one piece :) I have no idea where she got the recipe, but all the stirring is definitely worth it! Original. boiling time was 8 min, and it *sometimes* wouldn't set, I've increased it to 10 minutes and never had it fail (and I get asked to make this every time there's a family party) Enjoy !
Top Review by Pneuma
oooh so sweet! They remind me of yemas. Followed directions as is, but mine didn't settle or reach the hard ball stage test so had to boil them again for another 10mins. Outcome: fudgy and sweet. Packaged them in tiny individual wrappers and will share these with our neighbor's kids. Thanks!
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients together in a decent sized pot, stirring ALL THE TIME (mega important) Boil for 10 minutes (yep, still stirring all the time) Mixture should turn a golden brown.
- Take off the heat and beat with a wooden spoon for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into a lightly buttered tin, leave to set and cut into squares before it sets totally solid.