1/2 Photos of Jude's Grilled Ham and Egg Sandwich
I love this sandwich that is a signature dish at Denney's, Moon Over My Hammy. Like most things, it is much more economical to make at home and even, dare I say, better! I originally grilled this in butter, but after reading Dawnab's recipe for Grilled Cheese Diner Style, I will only grill sandwiches in mayo. You can use whichever you like best. This is great for a Sunday morning breakfast with fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat grill or skillet to medium.
- 2Spread one side only of each slice of bread with half of either mayo or butter. Place one slice in skillet spread side down.
- 3Layer Swiss cheese, ham, scrambled egg and American cheese, in order, on plain side of bread in skillet. Top with other slice, spread side up.
- 4Cook for about three minutes or until crispy and brown. Turn and cook until brown and cheese is melted.
- 5As Dawnab advised, if using mayonnaise, do not substitute Miracle Whip, it will not work.
- 6Thanks to Dawnab for her recipe and inspiration in the use of mayo!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jude's Grilled Ham and Egg Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.8
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 318.5 mg
- Sodium 2673.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: