Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These beans are from scratch! Long cooking time, but oh so worth it! My dad asks for these every Christmas - so they're known around our house as Christmas Beans.
- 1⁄2 lb great northern bean
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- Soak beans overnight in water.
- The next day, boil beans in enough water to cover for about 20 minutes.
- Mix together all of the ingredients and put in a slow cooker or in an oven crock.
- Cook for 8 hours on high or until beans are tender - keep beans always bubbling.
- Use tomato juice to keep moist if it starts to get dried out.