Prep 6 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is perfect for any kind of party; even childrens' parties, formal or casual. Change the fruit and type of nuts to suit the occasion. 1 family sized package of Jello, any flavor you like, prepare the jello using a matching fruit and juice for the water, and the "speed set" recipe on the box but DO NOT PUT IN FRIDGE! SUGGESTIONS * Orange Jello with Canned Mandarin Orange slices * strawberry Jello with frozen strawberries * lime jello with canned pears and marichino cherries * cherry jello with a good fruit thingytail * raspberry jello with frozen raspberries * blue jello with canned black berries or blueberries The 2 hours' cook time listed is mainly to allow the mold to set.
- 1 (6 ounce) packet Jello gelatin, prepared using speed set according to the recipe on the box (BUT DO NOT REFRIDGERATE TO SET!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (store brand is fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup, well drained,set aside the juice (contrasting fruit, but flavor enriching)
- 2 tablespoons refined white sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (any nut will do fine, use your imagination)
- Prepare jello using speed set according to the recipe on the box BUT DO NOT REFRIGERATE TO SET!
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, fruit and nuts.
- Add Jello mixture.
- Fold in Cool Whip and pour into any shape mold and refrigerate to set.