2 hrs 6 mins
This is perfect for any kind of party; even childrens' parties, formal or casual. Change the fruit and type of nuts to suit the occasion. 1 family sized package of Jello, any flavor you like, prepare the jello using a matching fruit and juice for the water, and the "speed set" recipe on the box but DO NOT PUT IN FRIDGE! SUGGESTIONS * Orange Jello with Canned Mandarin Orange slices * strawberry Jello with frozen strawberries * lime jello with canned pears and marichino cherries * cherry jello with a good fruit thingytail * raspberry jello with frozen raspberries * blue jello with canned black berries or blueberries The 2 hours' cook time listed is mainly to allow the mold to set.
My Private Note
Jello M ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) packet Jello gelatin, prepared using speed set according to the recipe on the box (BUT DO NOT REFRIDGERATE TO SET!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (store brand is fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup, well drained,set aside the juice (contrasting fruit, but flavor enriching)
- 2 tablespoons refined white sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (any nut will do fine, use your imagination)
- 1Prepare jello using speed set according to the recipe on the box BUT DO NOT REFRIGERATE TO SET!
- 2Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, fruit and nuts.
- 3Add Jello mixture.
- 4Fold in Cool Whip and pour into any shape mold and refrigerate to set.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juanita's Congealed Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.8
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 211.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g