Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
"What do you think of my creation?" I asked. I got a resounding kiss on the cheek from hubby! Thus was born- Jump Up and Kiss the Cook Chicken! The combination of herbs and garlic flavors the whole chicken, not just the skin. The potatoes and onions cook right along side of the chicken, so you have have flavored veggies too.
- 4 whole chicken legs-thighs (legs and thighs unsplit)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 baby red potatoes (quartered)
- 1 -2 onion (coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash chicken and potatoes and pat dry.
- Mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, Rosemary, Thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Loosen skin from meat and gently insert herb and garlic mixture in between skin and chicken.
- Mix coating mix together and paint outside of chicken with mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in a roasting pan.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Caraway seeds.
- Place potatoes and onions around chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cover for 10-15 minutes.
- Get ready for your kiss!
I bought the chicken whole legs and thighs for two and was searching for a recipe. I have no idea, yet, if this is good, but I am making it to see if I get a JUAKTC reaction. I'll get back to you.... My husband has a broken leg, so I thought he needed to eat a chicken leg, and jumping up would really be a miracle. More later......<br/><br/><br/>My husband has called all day to ask if I posted the picture of the chicken. Hilarious, as all that remained was a couple of chicken bones. I nearly took the picture and posted it, I think that may be the best compliment a cook can get. LOVE THIS CHICKEN!!
We LOVED this recipe. My family tried to kiss me but I ran. Will make this again over and over. Thanks so much for a great recipe.
This is one of the best and easiest, no-fuss chicken recipes EVER! I made this 2 nights ago because I had leftover legs and thighs in the freezer and searched for a recipe to use them up. Even though the recipe calls for leg quarters, it worked fine with separated legs and thighs. I cooked the potatoes in a separate dish, minus the onions- also, I didn't have caraway seeds so used fennel seeds, they were most pleasant. My husband loved this, and my little dog wouldn't eat her food until I put some of this chicken on her food, she absolutely pestered me for it. I thought the one hour cooking time might be too long and was afraid it would be dry, but it wasn't! The chicken was so moist and flavorful, I can't say enough good things about this! I love that it calls for an inexpensive cut of meat, really makes this an affordable dish for a large group. Pretty enough for company too!